European Network for the sociological and demographic Study of Divorce
Last update: 18 March 2016
First conference 14-15 November 2002, Florence, Italy. Program & Abstracts
Second conference 12-15 November 2003, Tilburg, the Netherlands. Program
Third conference 2-4 December 2004 in Cologne, Germany.
Fourth conference 22-24 June 2006, Florence, Italy. Abstracts & Papers.
Fifth conference 17-18 September 2007, London School of Economics. Program
Sixth conference 18-19 September 2008, Statistics Norway & Department of Sociology, University of Oslo. Conference website, with abstracts and papers: http://folk.uio.no/torkildl/divnet/program.html.
Seventh conference 25-26 June 2009, University of Antwerp, Belgium.
Eighth conference 14-16th October 2010, University of València, Spain. Program.
Ninth conference: October 27th -29th 2011, Milano Bocconi, Italy.
Tenth conference; October 11th - 13th 2012, University of Helsinki, Finland. Conference website with abstracts: http://blogs.helsinki.fi/jalovaar/divorceconference/.
Eleven conference 26-28 September 2013: Department of Sociology, Nuffield College (Oxford) and the Oxford Population Centre, UK. Organizer: C. Monden: http://www.sociology.ox.ac.uk/index.php/staff-profiles/christiaan-monden.html..
Twelfth conference 2-4 October 2014: French National Institute of Demographic Studies (INED), research unit "Fertility, family and Sexuality" (Paris). Organizers: Laurent Toulemon (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Anne Solaz (email@example.com). Webpage with call of papers and more information: http://conference_divorce_2014.site.ined.fr/fr/call_for_papers/
Fourteenth conference 13-15 October 2016: Stockholm (Sweden). Organizer: Michael Gähler and Juho Harkonen. Conference website http://www.sociology.su.se/english/collaboration/conferences/divorce-2016
Fifteenth conference 2017: Antwerpen (Belgium). Organizer: Dimitri Mortelmans
Sixteenth conference 2018: Tel Aviv (Israel). Organizer: Amit Kaplan
Special issue European Sociological Review 2006 ‘Causes and consequences of divorce: cross-national and generational differences’. Content table:
- Jaap Dronkers, Matthijs Kalmijn & Michael Wagner. “Causes and consequences of divorce: cross-national and generational differences, an introduction” [PDF]
- Michael Wagner & Bernd Weiß: “European research on divorce risks: Findings from a meta-analysis of European longitudinal studies”
- Juho Harkonen & Jaap Dronkers: “Stability and change in the educational gradient of divorce. A comparison of seventeen countries” [PDF]
- Paul de Graaf & Matthijs Kalmijn. “Change and stability in the social determinants of divorce: A comparison of marriage cohorts in The Netherlands”
- Hans–Jürgen Andreß, Barbara Borgloh, Miriam Bröckel, Marco Giesselmann & Dina Hummelsheim: “The economic consequences of partnership dissolution. A comparative analysis of panel studies from Belgium, Germany, Great Britain, Italy and Sweden”
- Tamar Fischer & Aart C. Liefbroer “For richer, for poorer. The impact of macro-economic conditions on union dissolution rates in the Netherlands 1972-1996”